Monday, July 11, 2011

"female troubles"....hmmm...

Today has been nothing but humid…humid…hot….and more humid. What a great way to start off my Monday. Waking up, I was desperate to wash my hair and blow dry it into the big poof that I love. However, as soon as I checked the weather, I said no thanks….it was going to be a high of 32 something with a chance of thunderstorms towards the end of the day. There was no way in hell, I was going to wash my luscious mane and have it rained on later. So pony-tail it was.

Enough about the weather. This post is my again-attempt to restart my blog and I swear, I need to stick to this. I get comments all the time asking “when’s your next post” and I never get around to it. Instead, I resort to rolling around in my bed and watching my family network shows. But I digress….

So I recently discovered this beautiful lipgloss shade by Nars called “Female Troubles” – yes I didn’t fancy the name too much but I couldn’t pass it up for the color. I’ve been looking for a soft mauve-y nude with a purpley tint lately and I think I’ve found it!! The Sephora website describes it as a “lilac mauve” and I believe it is – I think this color could actually work off as a mauve nude on people with darker skin tones than me. I’ve never been a huge fan of Nar’s lipgloss because I find that they’re a hit and miss. I own several of them and besides “Turkish Delight” – I have not used any of them for more than a month at a time. The worse is “Striptease” because it is so gunky you can’t even get enough product out to spread it evenly across your lips. Yet everyone and their mother were going goo-goo-gaa-gaa over this? Umm….why?? Maybe some day I’ll make it work.

I decided to pair something with the gloss and chose Mac’s “Crème Cup” – I must say, they go very nicely together. (see photo for reference) I just hate how the “Crème Cup” l/s is a cremesheen but it seems so dry….as dry as Mac’s “Myth” l/s. Or maybe it’s just mine drying up? Who knows.



Mac's Creme Cup & Nar's Female Troubles



(left to right) mac's creme cup with "female troubles" on top; "female troubles" on its own; & mac's creme cup on its own.


What are some of your fav shades or lip combos at the moment? Maybe you guys could give me some suggestions?

Xoxoxo
Bonita

No comments:

Post a Comment